It’s that time of year again, dust off those running shoes, put together your organic food shopping list, get your cookbooks out and leap into the new year! At one point or another we have all made a New Years resolution, this year AR/haus Group is going to make it easier to KEEP that resolution!
FUN FACT: According to History.com:
The practice of making resolutions for the new year is thought to have first caught on among the ancient Babylonians, who made promises in order to earn the favor of the gods and start the year off on the right foot. (They would reportedly vow to pay off debts and return borrowed farm equipment.)
AR/haus Group has put together a list of the top 16 New Resolutions complete with helpful links and information to make 2016, the year that you STICK to your new years resolutions!
1. Workout More/Lose Weight – This may be the most universally popular AND most likely to be broken within the first 30 days. Follow the links below to grab some useful tools and info to kickstart your 2016 goals!
LA Fitness – $99 initiation fee; $29.99/mo with NO contract
YMCA – $39-$51/month Adult; $21 Child
Weight Watchers – Starter Fee Waived until 3/31/16 & $4.61/wk
2. Eat Healthier – Organic, Non GMO, Gluten Free, Paleo..there are so many to choose from, but which is right for you? Here are a few links that can help you decide:
Health Benefits of Organic Foods – learn how eating Organic can benefit you and your family
GMO vs. Non GMO – Get the Facts!
GlutenFreeLiving.com has all of the information you would need to learn about gluten free foods and how to implement them into your daily diet.
The Paleo Diet – if you want to take clean eating to the next level..this is the spot for you!
3. Spend More Time with Family – Indianapolis/Marion county and surrounding counties such as Hamilton, Hancock, Boone offer many exciting family activities, below are just a few:
Top 10 List of Things to do for Indy Fun! – everything from a museum just for children to a tree-top adventure, you’ll find it all here!
Ideas for Indoor Fun in Indy – Just because the temps have dropped doesn’t mean the fun level has to!
4. Volunteer More – There’s no better way to start a new year than by giving back! Here are some suggestions for worthy organizations to find just the right fit:
VolunteerMatch.org – Find the cause that you are passionate about and be matched up with opportunities near you!
IndyHub Volunteering – Find local causes that you can help in your area
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful – thousands of volunteers contribute to keep our neighborhoods looking great, you can be apart of a very important group of volunteers to beautify our city!
5. Travel – Whether your idea of travel is backpacking through Europe, relaxing with your feet in the sand on the edge of the Caribbean, or a weekend road trip through the hills of Southern Indiana, AR/haus Group has some tips for you:
“Take My Mother Please” Vacation and Trip Consultation – If you want to plan an epic trip but don’t know where to start, utilize a trip consultant to make sure you get the best deals available!
25 Ways to Save on Caribbean Travel – See the Caribbean on a Budget!
Road Trip Planner – Tips and tricks to make your road trip memorable for all the right reasons!
6. Get out of DEBT – Want to be debt free in 2016? Follow these helpful links to make this a reality:
Credit.com – a Step by Step guide to get yourself out of debt in 2016
Dave Ramsey – America’s most trusted money expert gives you real tips and advice to limiting your financial liability and helping you live debt free
Forbes.com – The Ultimate guide to debt elimination in terms anyone can understand
7. Quit Smoking – Everyone knows that quitting is tough, so knowing your options are half the battle:
A Guide for Kicking the Habit for Good – questions to answer to help establish your personal stop smoking plan
Hypnosis to quit smoking – Highly successful and affordable, for only $197 you can begin to change the patterns in your brain that perpetuate your need to smoke. As quickly as one session, and you can be smoke free!
8. Start a New Hobby – What is more appropriate for a new year..than a new start! Stop saying ‘I’ve always wanted to…’ and start saying ‘I’m going to…’
6 Hobbies to Take up in 2016 – there’s something new for everyone!
City Yoga – has yoga classes for every level from beginning to master and with a new years special of $54 for 30 days of unlimited classes, you can’t go wrong!
The Indianapolis Art Center – gives a variety of art classes or private lessons to bring out your inner Picasso!
9. Lessen Stress – Between work, kids schedules, pta meetings and household duties, it’s easy to let the stress get to you, here are some tips to help ease the squeeze:
Woodhouse Day Spa – offers a wide menu of services to help ease your stress levels, from massage, facial and nail services to aromatherapy and sleep treatments. (PRO tip: submit your email to receive discounts!)
Good Life Zen – will teach you how to utilize mediation to decrease stress in 10 easy steps
Wine and Canvas – what better way to unwind than painting + wine! Go for date night or book a party, it’s always a good time!
10. Drink More Water – Your doctor may say 8 glasses a day, but that’s not always as easy as it sounds, here are some tips to get those fluids in!
12 Ways to drink more water – everyday tips and tricks to get the recommended daily amount
Trick yourself into drinking more water – follow these tips and you’ll never know how you did it!
Homeless and Abandoned Pets – Get the Facts!
Indy Humane Society – a NO-Kill Shelter, the Indy Humane Society has been serving Indianapolis and surrounding counties since 1905.
Adopt-a-Pet – Find just the right pet for you, even if it’s not currently in the Indianapolis area.
Dog Matchup – Unsure of what kind of breed is for you? Dog Matchup asks the right questions to find just the right breed for you and your family.
12. Improve Your Home – Make 2016 the year that you finally finish the basement, or remodel the bathroom, there’s no time like the present!
Houzz – is the one stop website for all of the remodeling and decorating ideas you could ever wish to find! Use their contractor search application to find just the right contractor to turn your vision to reality
Hoosier Houseworks, LLC – one of Indy’s premier General Contractors, skilled in everything from fixing a leaky pipe to a whole home remodel.
I Will Make You Rich – debunks some of the common myths to saving money and gives you everything advice on practical ideas to put your bank account back in balance!
100 Great Ways to Save Money – provides great How-to’s for even the beginner! In 2016 you can become the manager of your own money!
14. Minimize Clutter – 2016 can be the year you finally say “Out with the Old and In with the New!”
HGTV’s Tips for reducing clutter (and stress) – an easy to follow “how to” guide on decluttering your domain
Wheeler Mission Dropoff Locations – dropoff gently used items to this worthy cause at multiple locations around the city.
Schedule a pickup – a local charity will arrive and take your unwanted household items off of your hands!
15. Cook at Home More – With a new restaurant popping up on every corner, it’s easier to fall victim to the ease and convenience of fast food and casual dining. But follow these tips to bring dinner time back home:
Simple Ways to Eat at Home – The Happy Housewife walks you through some simple changes that you can implement to make dinner time at your house as easy as the drive-thru!
Everyday Meal Planning – Real Simple guides you through recipes and shortcuts that allows you prepare fresh family meals without the headache.
16. Become More Eco-Friendly/Green – Global warming, climate change, bio-degradable, ozone friendly..see the links below to make sense of it all and learn about important changes that you can implement in 2016 to make a difference in our environment:
50 Ways to Help the Planet – a simple guide to 50 simple everyday things you can do to pitch in!
Go Green at Home – Specific tips to make your ‘Green’ your sanctuary.
Personal Care Products – Learn about what you are putting in your body and on your skin and how it can affect the environment and what you can do about it in 2016.
Phew! THAT’S IT…16 New Years Resolutions for the new year! We hope you were able to find one that are you passionate about and can commit to making 2016 your best year yet!
If you’re in the market to buy or sell a home in the Indianapolis and surrounding counties such as Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Boone, Madison or Johnson counties, click HERE to contact us!